About the Platform
The platform is built as a Digital Public Good and follows a key set of design principles listed below.
- Single Source of Truth - Data resides in multiple systems across departments and getting an integrated, consistent and disaggregated view of data is imperative.
- Federated - Central, State and Local Governments represent the federated structure of government. This federated structure must be taken into cognisance while designing systems that enable intergovernmental information exchange.
- Unbundled - Break down complex systems into smaller manageable and reusable parts that are evolvable and scale independently.
- Minimum - Minimum data attributes that have a well-defined purpose is mandatory; everything else is optional.
- Privacy and Security - Ensuring the privacy of citizens, employees and users while ensuring the system's security.
- Performance at Scale - The system is designed to perform at scale.
- Open Standards - The system is based on open standards so that it is easy to discover, comprehend, integrate, operate and evolve.