As part of the iFIX-2.0-alpha release, we have migrated the following master data from ifix_db to mgramseva_db:
- 1.Adapter Master Data Service
- 2.Department Entity Service
- 1.Department Entity
- 2.Department Hierarchy
Out of these, the project data SHOULD NOT be copied to the new DB because a new feature of the multi-tenant (GP) project is introduced with this release. New projects can be created and linked to multiple GPs.
Other master data can be copied.
- 1.Make sure the playground pod is “dwssio/playground:mongo-v2” or newer.
- 2.Keep the MongoDB Credentials handy in the following format
- Host(in this format): “<host-address>:27017”
- Username - a user that has access to BOTH source and destination dbs
- Source and Destination DB Names
- List of collection names to be copied
mongo-migration.shscript copied to the playground pod. (You must have necessary kube permissions to copy a file to a pod.)
- Sample Command to copy the file:
kubectl cp mongo_migration.sh ifix/<playground pod>:/
A MongoDB Dump script is provided that will copy a list of collections from a source DB to the destination DB.
- 1.Execute the provided script using following parameters:
- -h = Host Address
- -u = username
- -p = password
- -s = source db
- -d = destination db
- -c = collection name - You can provide multiple collection as depicted in the following example